It can be hard to determine what you should charge for your services when starting in the lash lift business. What do you take into account when pricing your services? What is a fair price for your time and expertise? This blog post will explore what factors go into pricing a lash lift and provide some guidance on where to start. Keep in mind that as you gain more experience and training, you may need to adjust your prices accordingly. Thanks for reading!
What goes into pricing a lash lift
There are many things you should take into consideration when pricing your services. Here are a few questions you will want to answer before you begin:
- What are the prices in your area, how skilled and experienced are you, what products do you use?
- What is your time worth to you?
- What is the demand for lash lifts in your area?
- What type of clientele do you have, etc.?
- What kind of experience do you want to provide?
- What type of clientele are you aiming after?
- How much time does it take to perform the service?
- Do you have another job on top of doing lash lifts which takes away from time spent performing services, or do you have a lot more free time than the average person?
All of these are essential factors to consider when pricing your services. The first thing you will want to do when determining your price range is to answer the questions above before moving forward.
When you're starting, it's essential to price your services realistically and fairly. As you gain more experience and training, you may find that you need to adjust your prices accordingly. Keep in mind that not all lash lifts are created equal- if you offer a high-quality product and service, you can charge more than the average stylist - we'll get into that later!
Common factors that can affect prices
Many factors will affect the price that a lash technician should charge. These include:
- Location: What is the average cost of living in your area? If you live in a big city, the chances are that people will be willing to spend more money on services. This can also depend on where you're located within that city (is it downtown or further out?).
- Products used: What kind of products do you use? What is the price of these products, and how long do they last? If your product lasts longer than others, you can charge more money per service because it will save clients time (and money!) over time.
- Experience Level: How experienced are you at performing lash lifts? What training have you completed, etc.? The more experience you have and the more training courses are taken the higher your prices.
- Quality of service: What kind of results can people expect from your services? What sets your products apart from others on the market today? If you offer a high-quality product or service, you can charge more for it because there's nothing else like it out there!
- Type of clientele: What kind of client are you after? What kind of experience do they want, etc.? If your clients prefer luxury services, you can charge more money because they expect it from high-end brands.
4 Ways to market your lash lift services
Once you've determined your pricing, it's crucial to market your services in the right way. There are a few different ways you can go about this:
- Social media: This is a great way to get your name out there and let people know what you offer. Make sure to post high-quality photos of your work, as well as before and after shots.
- Word of mouth: Referrals are among the best ways to get new business, so make sure you provide excellent service so your clients will be happy to refer you to their friends!
- Website: A website is a great way to showcase your work and attract potential clients. Make sure it's easy to navigate and has all the information they need about pricing, services offered - even directions to your location!
- Flyers or business cards: These are a great way to get people interested in your services. Make sure they're eye-catching and have all of the necessary information listed on them (i.e., prices, phone numbers, etc.).
What to do if you're not charging enough or too much
If you notice that your clients aren't returning after their first visit, it might be time to reevaluate your pricing structure. If this is the case for you, try lowering your prices and seeing if more people start coming back! On the other hand, if there are never any empty seats in sight and wait times are long, it might be time to raise your prices and see if that has any impact.
Charging too much can have negative consequences, as well - people may start looking for cheaper alternatives, which could mean losing business in the long run. It's crucial to find a balance that works for you and your clients.
In the end, it's up to you to decide what to charge for your lash lift services. By keeping the factors mentioned above in mind, you can make an informed decision that will benefit you and your clients.
Tips for staying competitive in the lash lift industry
It's essential to keep up with the latest trends in your industry and remain competitive. What are some ways you can do that? Here are a few ideas:
- Keep an eye on social media - What services or products seem popular right now? What kind of content is often being shared by beauty bloggers or influencers? What are people talking about in beauty groups or forums?
- Look at what other salons and spas are doing - What services do they offer that might be similar to yours? What is the price point for each service (i.e., lash lift, microblading)?
- Offer a superior product or service (Like InLei®) - What makes your lash lift services better than those offered by others? What do you offer that they don't? Is it the quality of your products, the results you produce, or your customer service?
- Train regularly - Keep up to date on the latest techniques and methods by attending hair and beauty training courses. This will help you stay ahead of the curve and offer your clients the best possible service.
If those last two points are something you could use a little help with, you've come to the right place!
Stand Apart With InLei®
If your product and results stand out, you can charge more as well. What makes InLei® Lash Filler unique is that it adds volume and length and strengthens and repairs natural lashes. This means that not only do you look great after your treatment, but your lashes will be healthier too!
You can offer InLei® Lash Filler at the same price as a typical lash lift or a little extra since it has a third extra step that leaves lashes longer and stronger over time.
If you're looking to offer a unique service that sets you apart from the competition, InLei® Lash Filler is the way to go! Sign up for a class with a Master Trainer to begin your path to providing the world's most remarkable lift.
Get 10% off your purchase today when you use code SPECIAL10. Click here to get shopping!